Celebrating World Book Day

Home Forums Kids Stuff Celebrating World Book Day

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tamsyn and Sops
    Keymaster

Which book charcters have you dressed up in the past? What has been the best part of World Book Day and what is your favourite book of all time? Let us know it all here on this forum.

Jason
    Participant

Happy World Book Day!

I wish we’d had dress up for World Book Day when I was at school! My teachers were all grumpy and strict and didn’t like kids smiling or looking happy (or maybe that’s just how it seemed to me at the time).

I’m currently reading The Hobbit after watching The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films just last week. Books are normally better than film adaptations because books have so much more detail, plot, and scope for the imagination. Books are not constrained to telling a story in only a few hours like films are. But films can help bring a new audience of readers who are keen to follow up on their viewing experience.

My favourite set of books has to be Harry Potter. I was also a big Tolkien fan many years ago so The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion are also favourites. I have also read Anne of Green Gables and have the complete collection of those books too – they are great stories. As far as “the classics” are concerned, I really enjoyed reading Jane Austen’s novels (especially after watching many BBC adaptations).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.